For the purposes of this policy the following terminology applies; ‘We’,’ us’ and ‘our’ refers to the Organisation, Poyntell Ltd ‘You’, ‘yourself’ and ‘your’ refers to the individual. Information refers to ‘data’.
Please read the following notice carefully so that you fully understand how your personal data will be treated. This privacy notice is to inform you with regard to what to expect when we collect personal information about you and where this information may have come from.
This privacy notice sets out how Poyntell Ltd uses and protects any information that you give us when you use our services.
Poyntell Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Poyntell Ltd may change this notice from time to time by updating this policy. You should check this policy from time to time via the website, to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information that we collect
We collect information given to us as follows:
- quote requests.
- to subscribe to our marketing database.
- for when you search for products on our site.
- social media platforms.
- surveys including when you report a problem with our site.
Such information may include your
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address and phone number.
- business name and address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We do not share your information with any third parties.
We may also receive information from other sources, for example, business partners subcontractors, search information providers, analytics providers, advertising networks, credit reference agencies. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided (you will need to ‘opt-in’ in order for us to do this)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes (you will need to ‘opt-in’ in order for us to do this). We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookies are used to make our website work more efficiently and to help us to provide you with a good overall experience.
We use three types of cookies
Strictly necessary cookies - These are essential to enable you to move around our website and use its features. These features include the ability to access secure areas of our site, for example, your account.
Performance cookies - We use these to collect information about how you use our website, for example, what pages you visit as well as if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that can personally identify you i.e. all information collected is anonymous and we use them solely to improve the functionality of our website. Functionality cookies These help to provide certain navigation elements of our website which also enhance your browsing experience. They also help us to remember your preferred setting choices which, again, helps us to improve your visit to our site.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies on our web page but doing so may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information. Your rights.
You may choose to refuse or restrict the collection of your personal information or how we use your personal information. This can be done in the following ways:
- Should you choose to exercise your right to prevent such processing completely, you can do so by writing to or emailing us.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you are entitled to change your mind at any time and may ask to be removed by writing to or emailing us at:
Updating your information
If the information you have provided us with changes, please let us know promptly, and we will correct, update or remove any information that we hold about you. We may however need to retain archived copies of that information for legal or audit purposes.
Where we store your personal information: Information provided to us by yourself is stored on our servers. It is worth remembering that information transmitted through the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to protect your data to the best of our ability any information transmitted through our site is done so at your own risk. By submitting personal information, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of it and we will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety and security of it in accordance with this notice.
Disclosing your information to a third party
Poyntell will not disclose your information to a third party unless:
The Organisation is required to pass information onto third parties. In this event the Organisation will ensure that these third parties are up to date with data protection law and have their own policies relating to the protection of any data that they receive or collect.
These circumstance may include:
- If we are required to do so for legal, statutory or regulatory reasons.
- If we are required to do so for accounting or taxation requirements.
- To ensure protection and or prevention against fraud and to ensure credit risk management.
- To protect the rights, property and safety of Poyntell and its staff, customers, distributors and suppliers.
Disclosure of information to another Organisation with an individual’s best interests, where the statutory exemptions don’t apply, will only be made in exceptional circumstances and where disclosure is believed to be justified.
The intention to share data relating to individuals to an organisation outside of our Organisation shall be clearly defined within notifications and details of the basis for sharing given.
Any proposed change to the processing of information shall be notified to the appropriate individual prior to the change.
Information Access Requests
You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act will be payable. You may exercise this right by putting your request in writing in writing to Poyntell Ltd at the address shown on the website.